Paving POSTPONED until Spring 2023
South Kings Station Residents,
Due to the cold temperatures and upcoming holidays, the Paving Project has been POSTPONED until Spring 2023. Considering the trouble we were having obtaining alternative parking for the community (on top of the weather and holidays) we feel that postponing is the very best option. This gives Management and the Board the opportunity to plan months in advance, send out multiple reminders, eblasts, and flyers, and to even complete concrete work that is necessary at the same time. For residents that may be traveling, moving, or expecting large deliveries, this gives them time to make plans in advance for their convenience and peace of mind. We also plan to set up alternative dates in case of rain/unfavorable temperatures so that everyone has the ability to plan far in advance.
We thank you for your patience and understanding through this project!
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
Be aware of your surroundings & Report suspicious activity
*** PLEASE LOCK YOUR VEHICLE(S) ***
The following numbers can be used to report incidents.
Fairfax non-emergency number - 703-691-2131
EMERGENCIES ONLY – 911
Please login to view this area.
Please login to view this area.
|IMPORTANT COMMUNITY INFO|
SOUTH KINGS STATION
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.
Residents who walk along the South Kings Station woodland trail between Brick Hearth Court and Chimney Wood Court are noticing suspicious activity by individuals who appear to be non-residents.
If you notice anyone on the woodland that appears to be involved in suspicious activity, please Notify Fairfax County Police by calling the non-emergency number 703-961-2131.
Fairfax County Police have written permission from the SKS board to come onto our community property to investigate suspicious activity and arrest, if necessary.
LEASH AND SCOOP
Our community has a significant pet population and we need to ensure that all pet owners are aware of the Fairfax County leash laws and the SKS community rules.
1. All animals must be on leash while on SKS property which includes the woodland trail.
2. Please make sure you curb your pet and always pick up waste and dispose of properly once you are back home.
South Kings Station HOA
Guidelines for Management of
Garbage and Recyclables
1. Garbage and recyclables are collected by Fairfax County every Tuesday morning. Containers must be put at the curb no later than 6 a.m. Tuesday or they can be put at the curb the evening before pickup.
2. Garbage and recyclables containers must be returned to rear yards no later than Wednesday morning following Fairfax County pickup on Tuesday morning.
3. All garbage and recyclables containers must have the house address number affixed to lids.
4. Special Collections (FREE) request is required for items too large or heavy (i.e. furniture appliances, rocks, bricks) for standard collection by Fairfax County. For special collections pickup, call Fairfax County Solid Waste Management at 703-802-3322. Request can also be made on-line.
5. Yard Waste (grass, leaves, brush) must be put in bags and placed at the curb by 6 a.m. Tuesdays. Yard waste can also be tied in bundles no longer than four feet with each weighing no more than 50 pounds.
6. Household Hazardous Waste or Electronics must be taken by residents to either the Fairfax County Solid Waste facility in Fairfax or in Lorton.
Thank you for doing your part to
maintain the great curb appeal
of our community!
Animal Found with Distemper Disease
Posted on Mar 24th, 2021
On Tuesday 03/23/2021, a sick raccoon was discovered near the woods behind 6466 Brick Hearth Ct. The animal protection police were called and arrived on scene around 7:45 p.m. The officer determined that the raccoon had distemper and unfortunately had to put the animal down with a few gunshots (due to the severity of the disease and its affects on the body and nervous system).
In cases like this, where there has been no known exposure to pets, they do not conduct any tests on the animal. The responding officer said his department had put down several raccoons over the past weeks, also with distemper.
Canine distemper is a contagious viral disease that does not infect people, but can cause serious illness or death in canine and feline species, including dogs, foxes, coyotes and skunks as well as raccoons. The disease is transmitted when animals have direct contact with infected animals or indirect contact with body fluids/feces from an infected animal.
Some basic precautions can help you avoid any run-ins with distemper.
If you see a raccoon that appears sick, lethargic, disoriented, or aggressive, stay away from the animal and call the Fairfax County Animal Protection Police at 703-691-2131.
Here's a link to a related story from Arlington: https://www.arlnow.com/2021/03/11/new-viral-outbreak-among-raccoons-prompts-warning-for-pet-owners/
No Events at this time.
Litter Pickup along South Kings Highway
by Mid-Atlantic Litter Cleanup Service
The 2021-22 contract with the litter cleanup service for litter pick-up along South Kings Highway and the woodland trail was approved in April by a majority board vote. They will remove and haul off all ordinary litter such as cans, bottles, food packaging, broken glass. Litter pick up does not include hazardous waste, dead animals, pet waste, rocks, sand, gravel salt or de-icing agents, leaves, grass clippings, tree limbs, or branches, or construction debris.
Here is the pick-up schedule:
May 2021 - April 2022 - biweekly
Woodland Trail from Furman Lane picnic area at Kings Gardens Apartments and Brick Hearth Court
(10 feet on either side of trail):
May 2021 - April 2022 - one time per month
|SKS Message Board|